I appreciate that some of you may find it difficult to travel to me and for that reason I offer a comprehensive Physiotherapy at Home service, including visits to care homes. As we get older our joints sometimes stiffen and our muscle tone weakens. We can often find ourselves in difficulty following an illness or stay in hospital as we lose our strength and need help to get moving again.
An initial assessment in your own home or in a care home will:
- Identify the problems you are having; this may include issues with a particular part of your body following an injury or operation or it could be issues you are having with your balance, walking, using stairs or getting out of a chair or your bed
- Take a look at your surroundings and identify areas that you are experiencing problems with
- Decide on a plan that will help to to improve your strength, movement or mobility and hopefully give you back your confidence.
Your treatment may include:
- Gentle manipulation to help to mobilise stiff joints
- Gentle massage to help relieve pain and help relaxation
- A few gentle exercises to help improve your strength to help you move around better and get on with your daily life more comfortably.
Your initial assessment is a good opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about your illness or difficulties and any physiotherapy treatment you would like to consider moving forwards. You may like to consider having a friend or relative with you when I visit so that they can listen and offer you support with your recovery.