I am a Chartered Physiotherapist, registered with the HCPC who treats private patients and patients referred from health insurance companies and/or third parties. To provide you with my service your information, including personal data, may need to be shared between different parties. I have a commitment to respect your privacy and comply with data protection and privacy laws.
HOW I ACT
I act as the data controller in respect of your personal information and am committed to protecting your privacy. I will share your details with 3rd party recipients, if necessary, for your care. I will process the details you have given us in line with the UK’s Data Protection laws and any other laws that apply.
Legal basis for processing
The collection and processing of data about you is essential for keeping accurate medical records and to enable me as a physiotherapist to give you the most effective treatment. I am legally bound to keep accurate medical records for a minimum of eight years after treatment is completed.
If you do not consent to processing
You are not obliged to provide me with personal information, but I cannot provide my services without it.
You have the right to:
• Object to me using your personal information. You can do this at any time by telling me. I will consider your request and either stop using your information or explain why I am not able to.
• Ask for a copy of the personal information I hold about you (some exemptions apply).
• Ask me to update or correct your personal information to ensure its accuracy.
• Ask me to delete your personal information if it is no longer needed for the original purpose.
• Ask me to restrict the use of your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Ask for a copy of your personal information so you can use it for your own purposes (data portability).
• Complain. If you are concerned about how I have used or processed your information or if you feel your personal information has been mishandled. You can write to me directly at Little Carlton Lodge, Lynroe, Bathley Lane, Little Carlton, Newark. NG23 6BY or you can complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), details can be found here https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling)
Collecting and processing your personal information
For me to provide and administer effective treatments I need to collect and process information (including personal data) about you.
• Individual details such as name, address, contact details, marital status, date and place of birth, nationality, job title, GP details.
• Identification details – Insurance company patients, I hold your membership details.
• Special categories of personal data – certain categories of personal data have additional protection under data protection laws. The categories are health, racial or ethnic origin. The special categories we collect relate to health, however it is possible that special categories of data may be collected through our interactions with you, in which case we will ensure we meet the additional levels of protection required under the data protection laws.
I will communicate with your doctor and insurance company (and third party) as reports are an essential part of treatment.
Retention of your personal data
I will keep your personal data for a minimum of eight years after treatment is completed, which I am required to do under regulations issued by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section but please be aware that Our Site may not work properly if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose||Strictly Necessary|
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third-party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.